Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goals, Growth, Gorgeous: Go For It!

Have you written down your goals for 2009? Have you set a date? Have you backed your goals up with a written plan?

If it is in your head, and not on paper, your goal has about as much of a chance of seeing the light of day as a full head of hair suddenly appearing on a bald man's baby smooth head.

IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Want to improve the chances for your goal to manifest in real life, so you can see it, touch it, experience it? Write your goals down. Don't stop there, make a plan, write it down. Don't stop there, review upon waking and review it upon just before falling asleep.

See that book cover above and to the right? That is my book I wrote and put on Amazon. That was a nebulous, fuzzy something in my head. When I wrote it down on paper, the plan of "how" transpired. Magically? Nope, but it came eventually.

Got a hair goal? Who cares how 'crazy' it sounds. WRITE IT DOWN! Figure out how to accomplish it. Does your plan have to be perfect? Ahm...ya'll know how I feel about pursuing perfection...No, of course it doesn't have to be perfect.

It must be written though. Setting a hair goal is a lot safer than say...writing a book! But you know what? Goal setting skills are transferable. That means when you set your hair goals for growth and gorgeousness, you can take all that you learned and apply it to another area of your life. Success breeds success.

It is not about being perfect. Beauty is not perfect. Life is not perfect. But you can have a beautiful life that feels like perfection!

Write those goals down and make your dreams come true. Your success blesses the world. Hey ya'll, I am up in this world and I can ALWAYS use a blessing. Gimme a lil' something. Pursue your dreams, your hair goals. Doing so is an obligation, not an option or a luxury.

What are YOU going to do in 2009? Who are you going to bless with the pursuit of your dream in 2009? You never know until you try. Goals, growth, gorgeous: Go for it!

3 comments:

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

be blessed in 2009 folk. Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

jenteel said...

ah chicoro
your spirit is a blessing :)

Makeup Theory said...

This is soooo true. One of my goals for 2009 is to move to Los Angeles and work in the film industry. I've hated my life in PA since I came here seven years ago. I sobbed as 2009 rang in and I realized I was still not working towards my goal. Then I wrote my goal down and broke it into pieces - fly to Los Angeles to check it out, find a realtor to help me sell my house, etc. You know what? When I started to work towards my goal, other opportunities started to "magically" appear. I'm flying out next month to Los Angeles and staying with a girl from my church who moved out there 2 years ago. She now works in the film industry! Getting my goal out of my head onto paper gave me movement.